Re: water surface film...

Gitte,

Is the water surface of your tank still ? If so, and depending on fish load
and other factors, the film can be naturally formed from greasy wastes from
fish (and plants perhaps ?). I did several experiments to understand how to
clear a still water surface with inexpensive DIY devices. My travails and
results are described at http://www.thekrib.com/Filters/Busko/. The particular
contraption in the pictures is still working with no modifications and almost
no maintenance, after many months. The surface is always mirror-clear. Maybe
the info in there can be of help.

- Ivo Busko
  Baltimore, MD