Re: Tropica Plants

> Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 16:58:26 PDT
> From: "Raymond Wong" <myapisto at hotmail_com>
> Subject: Tropica Plants
>
> Hello everybody, thanks for the help for the questions i've asked before
> really apperciate it
>
> My question is for all you that own or have owned tropica plants ... is it
> worth the additional cost for these plants?  When arrived the plants are
in

Tropica plants are worth every penny.

Just make sure you get the from the shop at the same day as they get plants.
Because at least here in Denmark the petshops tanks are not plant tanks.

> excellent shape (from my experiences) but if they're kept too long at
store
> (both tropica and non) (like big al's over in my area) the plants don't
seem
> to do very well is their tanks and start dying off(probably due to
> insufficient lighting,fertilizing.. etc etc) or is it becuase they should
be
> taken out of the wool and planted into substrate?  I've ordered plants
> through my LFS from their supplier other than tropica and i get excellent
> plants also? but the tropica plants are on the average 4 or 5 times more
> expensive...(well at least in the 2 big al's in my area)
>
> So the final question is in your experience with both tropica and other
> plants is it worth paying the extra amount of money for the same species
of
> plants ... assuming that they are both as healthy?
>
> (i think my LFS gets their plants from singapore and tropica (denmark) but
> on the other hand i still think the most healthiest plants are from people
> in my plant group (and cheaper and sometimes free) but that's my opinion)

I must agree with you.

With many Thanks

Soren ' Disky ' Reinke  ICQ #1413069
Remove IHSYD from email address when replying by email

Please visit my Freshwater Aquaria Webpage
http://www.disky-design.dk/fish

Now available:
      The internets first PLANT SEARCH ENGINE
      http://www.disky-design.dk/fish/PlantSearch/PlantSearch.html