re: dumping on Amano

I will always admire Amano's aquascaping and photography. His books
motivated me to try to do more with my tank than I might have done
otherwise. His Aqua Journal mag was beautiful. I found the articles
regarding the care/propogation of plants very beneficial, along with the
photography, but the blatant adverts for his products in some of the
"articles" turned me off.

I was fairly new to the planted aquarium end of the hobby, and noticed that
That Pet Place carried his products in an issue of their catalog (1-2 years
ago). I had been wanting some good, long stainless trimming scissors, and I
had seen these in Aqua Journal. I called That Pet Place and almost fainted
when they told me the 11 inch trimming scissors were $125.00. I told the
girl on the line "very funny," and she informed me that was the actual
price. Too rich for my blood, when the same thing can be bought for $20.00
domestically.

Dave