Re: Moss and light

>Two weeks ago I put a piece of driftwood with Java Moss tied to it in my
>tank. It has not shown any real growth yet. There are a few small, new
>green stems ( much wider than the fine stems that the plant had when I got
>it)  that have appeared toward the center of the clumps, but the majority
>is just sitting there. I know that most  people report that this stuff
>grows like a weed but mine isn't. My tank parameters are KH of 3, GH of 7,
>temp = 78 degrees F, regular additions of TMG and KNO3, CO2 injection, 220
>watts of CF lighting on my 55 gal. tank, weekly 30 % water changes. I'm
>wondering if I have too much light to grow this? All my other plants are
>growing at an amazing rate , Sag. Subulata, Ambulia, Red temple ( nice
>bright violet leaves), etc. Any ideas what to do,  or does Java Moss take a
>longer time to adjust to differing conditions than what it was raised in ?
>TIA,
>Bob Buettner

Nah, it likes light too. The X-mas tree moss seems to like light more than
the Java one. It does very well under the CP FL's also(6700K) too.
I have a branch of java moss right under a light(1 -2 inches) and it's doing
great. You may need to be patient is all. I make these branches of moss and
in 2 weeks it should be looking good.
Don't know if this helps but may eliminate some things for you. It should
take off. Be patient is my bet.
Regards,
Tom Barr