Pinpoint Ph Monitor

Recently as part of my CO2 injection system I purchased a Pinpoint Ph
monitor.  The first one I purchased would wildly put out nonsensical
readings.  After contacting the manufacture Iwas told that "the glass in
the probe had probably shattered and to return it for a new one".  The
second one arrived today and after going through a lengthy calibration
process my monitor was calibrated.  Now I have the monitor hooked up to the
aquarium testing the CO2 injection system and after five hours it can not
lock onto one or even two readings.   For example it "hunts" between  7.07
to 7.10 to 7.09 to 7.12.  It even does this with none CO2 injected
water.  Not the kind of accuracy I expected or need.

Does anyone else on the list use this product?  Can you offer some insight
on what might be going on?  Is this "normal"?
 From Andrew Lester                     atlester at home_com