Cleaning glass.

I missed the original post, but I've had great luck in
cleaning glass.

""I did replace my covers about 6 months ago, and the
total cost was
$56.00.
Already, the new covers have deposits.  The cost was a
little bit
higher
than you might expect, because I use double-strength
glass so that I
don't
worry about the weight of the light fixture sitting on
top stressing
the
glass.""

I've used "CLR" cleaning product to clean all types of
glass including fish bowls, tanks, and tank hoods.  I
got it in the local hardware store on a hobbyists
suggestion.  It comes in a grey bottle.  It's
miserable stuff to work with but does a great job of
removing anything I've ever tried it on.  Put on
rubber gloves and eye protection and use as indicated.
 Then thoroughly rinse the stuff in clean water.  As a
precautionary measure, I give the glass another bath
for several hours in bleach solution.

Like I said, it's miserable stuff, but doesn't require
heavy scrubbing and it seems to rinse clean as
discussed.

Good Luck

Chris