Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #183

>From: Steve Pushak <teban at powersonic_bc.ca>
>Subject: Re: tank covers
>
>Paul,
>
>One sure fire way to remove silica deposits on glass covers is to huck
>them in the garbage and buy/cut new glass pieces. Glass is very cheap if
>you buy it from a glass store (not the aquarium store) but you have to
>be prepared to cut it to size. Its not worth the effort to polish glass,
>a small piece should only cost about $1 or two.
>- --

Hi, Steve.

I did replace my covers about 6 months ago, and the total cost was $56.00.
Already, the new covers have deposits.  The cost was a little bit higher
than you might expect, because I use double-strength glass so that I don't
worry about the weight of the light fixture sitting on top stressing the
glass.

Paul Krombholz, in Central Mississippi, with more rain on the way, and my
car with a flat tire.  (Meaning it isn't going to be nice doing the 20 mile
round trip commute on a bicyclein the rain, tomorrow)