Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #183

>Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 02:14:20 -0700
>From: Chuck Gadd <cgadd at cfxc_com>
>Subject: Re: TMG Dosage
>
>> The last time I checked it was very high(2ppm of Fe or something near this
>> level.). I have lots of light,CO2, and other nutrients in there too. I add
>> lots of TMG. Close to 1-2 ml per 10gallons.
>
>Tom, is that 1-2ml per 10g  daily?  If so, that makes me feel better.  I
>thought I was using a lot.  I dose about 6ml per day, in my 75g.   I backed
>the dosage down to 4ml, and the frogbit leaves started coming in a little
>yellow.   With 5ml,  it was green, but not quite right.  With 6ml daily,
>it's back to a nice bright green.

I look at my plants more than anything to judge how much I add. Every tanks
is different and dynamic. They have good days & bad days like myself. It's
very well balanced for me and my method. It may or may not be for you. If
you are happy and your plants are too......... by all means keep doing it.
Nothing is 100% absolute with plants and there are exceptions to every rule.
Careful with that frogbit, I believe it's a no-no plant(check the USDA site
and or local state plant listings). I can't keep up with it as it grows too
fast. Its fast growth is why it makes such a good indicator of nutrients for
you. Keep up on the careful eye on the tank. Testing helps when guessing
hasn't or for the less experienced.
Regards,
Tom Barr