Summary Posting - Gomberg CO2 experience

Recently I posted an email about my experiences ordering online from Dave
Gomberg.

Based on feedback both in the digest and though private email I wish to
issue some clarifications of my comments.

First of all I received thirty-two (32) emails which mentioned the exemplary
service which Dave had provided in the past. I received five (5) emails
which mentioned problems with the service provided. In all cases it sounds
like a longer then normal shipping time was cited. In no case was there a
delay as long as the one I experienced.

This leads me to believe that Dave does provide a service which is
appreciated by the vast majority of his customers. The only weak link is
possibility shipping but even that doesn't seem to be a major problem in
most cases.

Dave contacted me privately to discuss my recent email in a very polite and
professional manner which is to be commended. He apologized for the iron kit
problem and rectified the problem immediately.

He also took a few moments to mention current US shipping laws. Athough I
should have known, I was unaware that at the time of shipping, the buyer
assumes ownership of the product. If the product goes missing in shipment
then according to US law the buyer has a problem not the business owner. If
that interpretation of the law is correct (and I have no reason to doubt it)
then frankly it should be a major concern to online shoppers.

The important issue is how Dave reacted when my original shipment when
missing. Legally he could have simply said it's my problem and walked away.
What he did was absorb the loss and ship me another shipment. This is indeed
exemplary conduct and deserves my full support.

Dave also mentioned that although other shipping methods are available he
feels that customers already complain heavily enough about price that they
wouldn't be willing to pay more for additional options. Personally I would
prefer more options (and would pay accordingly) but I can see his point.

So ultimately, based jointly on the feedback received from his other
satisfied customers, the professional response in his email and also the
knowledge provided about US shipping laws, I feel compelled to issue a full
apology for my recent harsh comments.

My shipping experience was not what I would have wished. I have never
experienced such long delays and slow feedback in the past. However it is
also obvious to me that this type of response was very much a rare case for
Dave's business and there are many external, mitigating factors which lead
me to believe that this is probably going to end up being a one-time
experience (although Dave never mentioned it directly I imagine gearing up
for his new magazine may have also played a role).

Based on all of that I apologize for my harsh comments and wish Dave well in
his future endeavours. For those skeptics out there I will point out that
this apology was not forced, requested or expected. I'm issuing it because I
believe it is necessary.

Again my apologies.

~Jamie N