Re: Amazon Frogbit?

> I've noticed in recent discussions, the mention of Frogbit.  I believe
> that Chuck Gadd indicated that it was a good indicator for iron
> deficiency.  I'm trying to locate some.  Westerleigh Aquar., in N.Y.,
> lists Giant Duckweed(Lema Polyrhiza) for sale.  Would this possibly be
> the same thing?

I don't think it's the same thing.  The Frogbit is Limnobium laevigatum
(or Limnobium spongia, I'm not sure which).

I've almost always got extra frogbit.  I've already sent out one bunch
this week, and I got another bunch going out tomorrow or the next day.

If you want some, let me know.  I can send a handful for the cost of
shipping (or I'll trade for other plants...)   Let me know if you want
some.