Tritons Part Deaux

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about Tritons in an All-Glass
Hood. I als e-mailed my question to All-Glass and they had an interesting
response. Here is the message-

"Dear Don,

I talked with the production supervisor at our light shop about your
question.
He said the bulb that we use in the light (GE Fresh & Saltwater) is really
just
a re-label Triton bulb.  The ballast should be able to a handle it.  His
comments were:  If it is a used bulb, Tritons have a tendency to not start
when
they are near the end of the bulb life.  Also, he said to check the starters
on
the light."

Is there any validity to this? The tubes that came with the striplight are
awfully red and I noticed a HUGE difference in the output of light when I
changed one of the All-Glass fluorescent tubes to a Chroma50. The Chroma50
was a big improvement brightness wise. I'm guessing I shouldn't see this big
difference in brightness since Triton's only lose 10% of their output right?
Any feedback is appreciated.

Don