Algae eating shrimp and Loaches

Hello all. Long time lurker, first time poster. I have read through several
threads about people's experiences with loaches and shrimp; some good, some
bad. But some of the info is in conflict.  In general, is it a bad idea to
keep loaches with shrimp? Or are there smaller loaches that shrimp can
outrun? I really love clown loaches but I was already concerned about their
size and need to school, so if there's a smaller snail eater out there that
you guys know about that would would be great.

Christina Samuels
in Washington, D.C.