Re: PSI of full 5lb CO2 tank?

Andrew Lester at atlester at home_com wrote:

> I recently had my new 5lb CO2 tank filled.  It reads 680 psi.  Is this
> full?  What is the normal full range for those of you with 5lb tanks?
>
> Andrew

Mine usually reads between 800-1100 psi, depending on temperature. With CO2
the pressure drops only as the tank approaches empty, so even if it's only
1/2 full, it will read full pressure. It could be your regulator guage is
out of adjustment. Take it to the gas company to get it checked, then if it
is not out of adjustment, pull out your tank and explain the problem. :)

Dan Dixon