Re: Flowering Banana Plant!

Chuck writes:

> I'm not positive if this is a flower, or some other interesting feature of
>  Nyphoides aquatica.  Can anyone give any info about this?  Is this going
>  to produce a new "banana bunch"?

The entire genus is a legitimate flowering bunch of plants.  Other species
require more light to survive than is generally available in aquariums.  I'm
curious about your lighting, tank size, plant food, etc, as I'm thinking
about trying other nymphoides indoors in an intense light tank (like a ten
gallon with 50-60 watts).

Bob Dixon