Re: Jordanella and algae eating

I have had a pair of Jordanella in a 30 gal tank for a little over a
month now. They have nearly eradicated the thread algae and are
working on fur algae (oedogonium) with great gusto. I'm very
impressed and pleased with these fish. They have been peaceful
and uninterested in the plants so far, and they're kinda pretty too. I
do not have any hairgrass in this tank, but there are some small
crypts which they have cleaned but not bothered otherwise.
Perhaps there has been such a wealth of algae that they haven't
had to look elsewhere for food. Anyway, they have my
recommendation for green filamentous algae.

Cathy Hartland
Middletown, MD