Chloramine

>Ok Ok, several ppl have emailed me privetly aobut the ammonia/chloramine
>issue and I stand convinced that there is a problem.
>But how come I am NOT seeing any ammonia in "control tests" and never
>see it in my tanks in testing after water changes?  The East Bay DOES
>use chloramine, does it not?

I gnored the great threat of chloramine for about 3 years
back when I lived in LA and they first started using it
with absolutley on ill effects.

Then, one night I did a routine water changes on a tank
of spectacularly healthy fish and watched a pair of
Aphyosemion volcanum die in about 10 minutes right
before my very eyes. Amazing.

I used amquel after that.

--
Richard J. Sexton                                         richard at aquaria_net
Maitland House, Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1Y0       +1 (613) 473 1719