Re: Home Depot shop lights

These lights are what I used to be able to get six 48" lights over my 75
gallon tank. They work great, but they put off a lot of heat when all packed
together like that. I just left on the cheap ballasts and mounted them into a
hood I built with a fully open back to let heat dissipate. I have not yet put
fans in the back, but when I do that will help. As it is, my tank temperature
increases about 5 degrees F over the course of the day, but I can live with
that. If your fish are particularly temperature sensitive, you can add the
electronic ballasts or just use longer wires and mount the ballasts under
your tank stand where the heat won't get to your tank.

Craig (The cheapest man alive)