Re: What's missing?

> From: Chuck Gadd <cgadd at cfxc_com>
> Subject: What's missing?
>
> While doing this weekends water change, I once again observed MASSIVE
> pearling after the water change.  I get some bubbling normally, but not
> steady streams of bubbles.  Following the water change, the bubbles were
> being produced so fast they formed solid threads to the surface.  I really
> want to know what is missing in the tank normally that is present in the
> tap water?

	Kevin Conlin had this a few years ago.  I went down there (Montreal)
and we did some experimenting.  We came to the conclusion that it was
caused by dissolved gas in his tap water - probably air.  The excess comes
out of solution whan the pressure drops (from about 600 kPa to 100 kPa)
and lots of bubble nucleation sites become available (on the plants).

--
Paul Sears        Ottawa, Canada