Dupla Reactor and Water Pump/Powerhead

Hi all,

On the weekend I was trying to setup my CO2 system for my Aquarium but I am
having some trouble with my Dupla Reactor 400. My main query is how great does
the flow of water need to be for the reactor to work properly? I've rigged up a
special pipe connected to my Hagen Powerhead 804 and the custom T-connector that
comes with the reactor to inject the water into it, I'm a little concerned that
the flow rate isn't high enough. The water flow is greater then a trickle but
not forceful enough to create a strong jet of water to squirt into the reactor,
when I put my fingers on the exit hole of the reactor I cannot feel any water
movement at all. Does this sound okay or should I be trying to increase the rate
of water that is being forced into the reactor? Perhaps I should buy a separate
water-pump to use for injecting the water?

Also on a related problem, I'm not particularly happy with the performance of
the powerhead as the water current it generates is not nearly as strong as I
thought it would be. The specifications for the Powerhead says it has a
flow-rate of up to 1500L/hr but when used in my tank (4ft  x 18" x 18"), by the
time the flow hits the other end of the tank the flow is nearly non existent
(with or without the reactor attached). I saw a demonstration of a Eheim water
pump (model no. 1048) which has a pump output rate of 1200L/hr and it was
creating a greater current of water movement then my powerhead, despite the
discrepancies in output performance. What pumps do others use to increase the
water flow in their tanks and how strong is the current? I wish to have a good
current of water in my tank in order to help keep my plants free of dirt and
other junk, plus give my fish more exercise when swimming.

Thanks for your help,

Gordon