Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #135

Just read several posting about AquaBotanic.  My service from AZ Gardens has
been similar.  I made an order and received my shipment.  Some plants
weren't available and not shipped.  GOOD.  The Lace plant I received the
best plant I have ever had.  Still growing a year later.  So Apon bulbs
were: some good, some misnamed, and some dead.

I called and made a second order.  I was told they don't garantee plants,
but he went ahead and sent some more bulbs to replace the dead ones I
received.  The replacement bulbs must have been from the same batch as they
were also dead.  I ordered another lace and it was a mislabeled, dead, runt
bulb.  Most the rest of my order was dying plants,  most of which did not
survive.  To make matters worse the order was sent to my work address and
almost got me fired, after I had specifically given hime the correct address
to mail to and confirmed the address with them.  I will never order from AZ
again.

It sounds like all mail order sources are a crap shoot.  I have decided to
spend more money and get it at my LFS.  I least I can tell if the plant is
dead or alive or mislabeled.

Has anyone had consistenly good results from a mail (email) supplier?

Neil Shewmaker
Seattle

*  R. N. Shewmaker
*  email address:  shewmaker at hotmail_com