Re: Black stuff/anaerobic substrate

Unfortunately, I don't have an underground filter. I did consider the idea of
tearing up the tank to install one, though, after all this!

Are you using RFUG's in planted tanks? Any effect on deep-rooting plants?

Sylvia

<< The UG filter that you are using is very much like the RFUG's that I tout
 for substrates. They work great. I wouldn't use them for 12 years if they
 didn't<g>. I like them much better than cables and no flow methods.