Re: shrimp question

tierney writes:

> Does anyone know what might attack these guys? I have a dwarf pleco and an
>  upside-down catfish that I feel suspicious of because they only come out
at
>  night...

It seems odd to me that your upside-down cat (S. nigriventris) would only
come out at night.  The ones I have had have always been diurnal.  A number
of other riverine Synodontis species are sold as upside-downs, when in truth,
they only swim upside down near the surface, or under cover.  Some of these
are nocturnal, and all Synodontis that I am aware of are carnivorous.  While
I wouldn't put it past a large enough pleco, I would suspect your Synodontis.

Bob Dixon
Cichlid Trader List Administrator
http://cichlidtrader.listbot.com