Triton lamps

I am wondering if the Triton lamps actually draw more current than a regular
lamp even though the nominal wattage is the same. Has anybody ever measured
the ballast input current when the ballast is driving a Triton lamp and
compared it to the current drawn by the same ballast when driving a CW lamp
of the same nominal wattage. There are so many reports of Triton lamps being
able to grow high light plants with quite low watts per gallon ratios that
it is difficult to imagine it is not true. I would like to determine if this
is due to an increased light output with this lamp because the lamp simply
draws more power or if it's from a very suitable spectrum or a highly
efficient lamp design.

Wayne