Vortex or Magnum

Martin,

I just replied to the list on my green water problem.  I can't tell you much
about the Magnum, but the XL Vortex I have is large, heavy, and noisy.  I
use it when I need to to do big jobs, and my family puts up with the racket.
Its 18 years old.  Perhaps the bearing has always been off, but it has
always made noise. Perhaps someone on the list can tell us if this is normal
(it makes a rattle-tattle-tattle sound).  It doesn't make any noise when it
runs dry.

I hear the Magnum is rather inexpensive, and if it is quiet, I may get one
to keep the water polished on an ongoing basis.  I wonder how much the
micron filters cost?

Steve Pituch