A Warning about AquaBotanic

This was posted on AquariaCentral, feel it should be posted here as well:

I do not want to do this, but I feel it is only fair to the rest of you to do so. I dont want you to go through what I did in regards to the quality of AquaBotanic's plant.
First, AquaBotanic loses my order. A month of waiting for plants prompted me to email RobertH. Apparently he lost the order...but the check was cashed, not long after I sent him my order. Eventually that was smoothed over and I recieved my plants.

That is not the end of my problems, however. I open the box and there are the plants...from the look of things, they were not packaged properly. They were all in one pile, wrapped in newspaper, then in a garbage bag. Not separated to any degree. So i begin to separate...and I discover the Watersprite. Half of it was black/dead. Then the Aponogeton Ulvaceus. Not black, but looked like it was run over by a car...the Java Moss, also half dead. The Vals I ordered were missing and replaced by some other plant that definitely does not serve the same purpose as the Vals would have. Also, I was not notified that this substitution would occur. Also, the "Tenellus" that I ordered turned out to be Cuban Pygmy Chainsword which is broadleaf and does not give the grassy look that Tenellus would. Once again, AquaBotanic's mistake.

I emailed RobertH regarding this and he isnt going to do anything about it. In so many words he basically said "tough luck". And so, I will never order from AquaBotanic again. It is up to you if you would like to take your chances, I just thought that it was only fair to warn you of what you might recieve.

I would not be upset about this if he would replace the dead plants, or reimburse me. I even offered the send the plants back to him. Of course he wont do any of these things...IMO, AZ Gardens and the Aquarium Center's Plant Connection both have much better customer service. If you recieve damaged plants they replace them for you, I unfortunately cannot say the same for AquaBotanic.

Perhaps you will reply and say that you have recieved nice plants from Robert...if so, I am glad someone did.

MailCity. Secure Email Anywhere, Anytime!
http://www.mailcity.com