Re: Cheap lights

At 03:48 AM 3/2/2000 -0500, Walter Igharas asked:
>I would like to know the cheapest way of lighting a 50 gallon planted
>aquarium (36x16x18)  using florescent lighting. Also can anybody
>refer me to anyone that makes custom hoods for aquariums?

The CHEAPEST you say :)  My 45 high cost $35 for 90 watts of light including bulbs.  How to is here:
http://Simple.aquariumplants.cx  The light strip has been running for about 9 months now with no problems.  The only drawback is that the light MAY be a little too yellow for your taste.  If so, get another cheap strip and put one of the blue plant bulbs in it.  Ballances out nicely.

This hobby CAN cost a fortune, but you don't have to spend that much togrow nice looking plants.