RE:white growth

>I set up my planted tank... two or three weeks ago...? The new growth on my
>Marble Queen Sword (Echinodorus cordifolius) and on my Pygmy Chain Sword (E.
>tennellus) and on my Ambulia (?) are all white. However, on my Tropical
>Sunset (Hygro. poly. with bright red veins and green leaves) the growth is
>the correct color, and it is good on my two Dwarf Anubias (A. Nana). I have
>Flourite substrate with Flourish tabs... the pH is around 6.4. I have yeast
>CO2 injected into my Eheim 2213 canister. It has been going for about 3
>days, but it isn't making the leaves greener, even though I've had the same
>amount of growth in 3 days that I'd had in 3 weeks. Anyways... will the
>leaves become green later, or do I have some kind of mineral deficiency?
>What kind? Please help!

Do you have much fish etc? What are you NO3 levels? Consider testing those
levels and get them to about 5-15ppm using KNO3. I doubt it is an iron issue
as your tropic sunset typically gets pale when you don't have enough iron
but your is red. Anubias do well in poor nutrient tanks with some iron also.
I would bet NO3 is your problem most likely. Check the archives for more on
this issue than anyone would care to write about!

http://www.actwin.com/fish/aquatic-plants/search.html

You can get some more info on using KNO3 in your water column from there.
Also consider adding some jobes palm sticks etc to your gravel under the
plants that are having problems. Do a water change first then do this. Check
your tank water before you add anything to see if it is indeed NO3 or not.
Test kits will give you an idea but many are not very accurate.
After testing you will get a feel for how hungry your tank is for the KNO3
and iron etc. See how long it takes for these nutrients to go back to zero.
It could be some other nutrients but it would be unlikely. There are
exceptions to every rule ......especially with plants.
By adding NO3 to the roots and the water column you will cover both bases.
Sword plants are huge feeders using both so this will give you a better
chance at keeping them well fed.
Regards,
Tom Barr