Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #121

In a message dated 2/27/2000 00:54:27 Pacific Standard Time,

> Or
>  are maybe these two people just viewed as list members who happen to be
>  filling the somewhat specialized needs of the group?  Personally, I draw
>  the line where someone posts a message saying nothing more than, in
>  effect, "I can sell you what you're looking for at http://..."

I tend to side with you, although I don't mind a little advertising if it's
for a specialty item, or one particularly hard to get that closely pertains
to the topic of the message base.  As an example, I do appreciate knowing
someone who has true SAE's for sale, or someone who will ship you Yamato Ebi
at a reasonable price.  However, I agree with you that generic advertising,
i.e., "all brands of filters now 10% off...." is crossing the line into
commercial advertising, and I think it's inappropriate.