Re: Open Tops (was Substrate Heating)

> The one thing that I _do_ find a pain in the neck is the need to add water
> for evaporative losses between water changes.  I never need to do this in
> my other tanks.

This is one reason I love using a wet/dry sump system.  I've got a large
sump tank.  I can have up to 10g of evaporation and still not have to
add water.  I ALWAY do a weekly water change long before it's lost 10g,
but it's still nice to not have to add any water between changes.
With the dry climate here in Denver, my 29g tank (with a glass cover)
loses at least an inch of water a week...