Seachem Acid Buffer (non-phosphate buffers)

>Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 21:45:15 EST
>From: BeetleMaster at aol_com
>Subject: Non-phosphate buffers
>
>Hello,
>
>Does anyone have any experience with or opinion about SeaChem's >"Phosphate
>and Carbonate Free" acid buffer? Would this be effective >in increasing the
>margin of error when balancing CO2 and KH?
>
>Craig

Hey,

I advise caution with Seachem's Acid Buffer.  I have tried it a few times in
the past, but invariably it drives my pH down off the scale (even when I use
1/4 recommended dose).  I am sure that this has to do with low buffering
capacity in my water, etc.  I am not saying that you shouldn't use it, but
do be careful with your dosage.

Good Luck,
Matthew Shaffer