Re: Nuisance Algae

I didn't take this as a joke. After battling hairy, thread algae in a 20
gallon tank for several months, and successfully conquering it, I was quite
happy to see a green algae covering the driftwood in the tank. I could not
grow green algae (other than spot algae) while the hair algae was present in
the tank. This green algae spread to cover a good portion of gravel. At last
the otocinclus have something to eat (besides zucchini, which will not grow
in the tank, and I was forced to throw it in there for them). It's actually
very lovely, deep green, and has a very cottony, dense appearance to it. Even
though it does somewhat mar the deep red-purple leaves of l. glandulosa, I am
not in the least considering trying to get rid of it, as I like the
appearance. Perfect for a fish tank.

Sylvia

<< James wrote:

 >The answer to that is easy - it's the attitude of the aquarist towards
 >algae. Change the attitude, no more nuisance.

 I _think_ you were joking when you said this, James, weren't you?