Microscope

James Purchase wrote:

> A review of the "QX3 video microscope" on Craig Bingman's web-site
> (http://fpage1.ba.best.com/~cbingman/) has me thinking that I might like to
> acquire a microscope to get a better look at some of the smaller inhabitants
> of my aquariums. But since it has been years (and years...) since I've
> actually used one, I'm hoping that some of you might be able to help...

I don't know how much I can add, except to say that we got one of these for our
9 year old for Christmas, and the whole family has had a ball with it!  The
student-grade microscope that I have is a case of sheer dumb luck.  I have a
friend who is a vet, and she knew I was looking for a used microscope, so was
keeping her eye out for one.  It came from the most unlikely source.  She was
driving to a call (she's a large animal vet, and they go to the client ;-) and
was passing a yard sale.  Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a small wooden
case at the edge of the road.  On the way back again, it was still there, and
she stopped sure enough, it was a microscope case.  She picked it up for me for
$15.  The light doesn't work, but a small high intensity desk lamp aimed at the
mirror works fine.  In fact, that's what I ended up doing with the one I had as
a kid, since the light it came with was too weak anyway.

Karen