Sanity check...

Whilst talking to one of the Hagen sales guys here in the UK (about my never
ending Fluval-404 & rotting Bristlenose problems) he suggested that I should
be using a Chlorine/Chloramine remover when I do my water changes (which I
currently don't do...).

He recommended that I use the Hagen product 'Aquaplus' (fair enough, he's a
Hagen salesman after all, & he has been extremely helpful, so I did buy a
big bottle today).  However he also told me that if I were to use it at
'double dose' it would 'chelate the inaccessible, toxic, Fe ions in the
water' & make them available for plant uptake.

Hmmm...

Is this likely?

Kevin