RE: watersprite

>how does one grow water sprite rooted to the substrate?  i can grow it as a
>floating plant, which grows as a weed but when i try to root it to the
>substrate, the crown usually rots and all the fronds come up to the surface
>where it multiplies like a pest.  is there a secret to growing it as a
>background plant?
>
>tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA

If you have the wide type of watersprite(C. thalicroides  or something) it
is pesky to grow rooted IMO. I use the narrow type called C. silaquosa
instead as it does very, very well rooted. It seems to be a better choice
for a rooted watersprite. The other type does work well too but you need to
replant them quickly and may need more light/CO2?
Regards,
Tom Barr