[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Commercial liquid fertilizers

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Craig wrote:

>     My question is: Is there anything else in commercial fertilizers that is
> particularly harmful to fish? The bottle says not to use on grasses that
> animals feed on due to the Molybdinum content, but the Mo content is only
> .001%. Any thoughts.

There's any number of things they could put in there that might be toxic,
depending on the dosage you use.  One thing that comes immediately to mind
is that many fertilizers that aren't meant for aquarium use provide
nitrogen as ammonia or urea.  O'course, at a pH of 6.8 ammonia shouldn't
be very toxic.

Roger Miller