RE: Roger's water

Roger,

Weird water! What kind of geology provides that kind of water, or what does
the treatment plant do to the source water to screw things up so completely?
Given the problems and the ions involved, I don't know if my recommendation
of a Kold Ser-il System from Poly-Bio-Marine would work in your situation.
you may need to resort to de-ionization columns.

On the subject of trading Canadian water for New Mexican tumbleweed...

> I can't speak for the state as a whole, but I think we might be able to
> arrange a trade.  We can send you all the dust and tumble weeds you ever
> needed and you can send us some of that water.

Mmmmm, I'd have to think about that.... maybe if you you were willing to
give us Hawaii, we could talk. Oh yea, you'd have to agree to take the
Reform Party and the Parti Quebecois as part of the deal. We'll place both
in jute bags (bio-degradeable) complete with chunks of granite from the
Canadian Shield, so they should sink pretty fast once immersed in the
American melting pot.

On a more serious note, last year I, and quite a few others, had to take my
local Member of Parliament to task for his backing of a proposal to dam off
James Bay, which is situated off the southern end of Hudson's Bay, in
northern Canada. This would have the effect of turning James Bay from a body
of saltwater into one of freshwater. The proposal suggested diverting this
new freshwater supply southward, changing the course of several rivers along
the way, and the construction of a canal system and a pipeline, to deliver
the water to American customers. I don't know if the MP has recovered from
the shock his system got over that one.

We Canadians tend to get really touchy these days when the subject of water
sales to the U.S. comes up. But I still think that if you would agree to
give up Hawaii, we could be persuaded.

James Purchase
Toronto