Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 18:09:04 -0000
From: "Buckley, Kevin" <kevin.buckley at nectech_co.uk>
Subject: RE: Re: Fluval 404 - Further info.

Any Fluval 404 users out there take note!

After some problems I took my Fluval 404 back to the shop a few weeks ago &
they said they didn't know anything about any general product problems.
They did however swap it for a new one.

After about two weeks the new one developed the same fault - noisy operation
& reduced flow.  I took it back to the shop again & this time they told me
that Fluval (Hagen) had just shipped them a box of replacement impellers &
housings (clear plastic ones) as the original ones had a design fault that
caused a permanent air-lock & subsequent impeller damage.

With the new one it now seems to work just fine.

Shame about the fish that died when the first one packed-up though :-(

Kevin
________END ORGINAL_____________________
Damon A. Job
IS/IT Manager; Marine Mammalogist
- My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am
-"The mind is not a vessel to be filled,  but a fire
   to be kindled" - Plutarch.
-"Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas" - Virgil
-"Non ut vivam edo sed, ut edam vivo" - Opposing Quintillian
-"True science teaches above all to doubt and to be
   ignorant". (Miguel de Unamuno (1864-1936)
-`Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitas'
  (plurality shouldn't be posited without necessity)
  Occam's razor - William of Ockham (c. 1285-1349), English monk.
-"The really valuable factor in intuition" - A. Einstein (1879-1955)
- The key to success in life is a high degree of
   emotional intelligence.
- IQ is labile. This is a reflection of the natural
   neurological and evolutionary plasticity of organisms.