Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #96

>Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 22:13:01 -0500
>From: "Tom & Lianne Herbruck" <tom.herbruck at multiverse_com>
>Subject: Re: Surprising Results
>
>> pH:    8.0 to 8.2
>> years?  Tap water is pH 7.
>
>Any idea what is raising the pH?
>
>Chuck-
>I have no idea why the pH is so high.
>I cranked-up the CO2 to 130 bubbles per minute (on my moderately-planted 75
>gallon tank).
>The pH dropped to 7.4.
>However, this seems like a lot of CO2 for a small tank.
>Any thoughts?
>Tom

Hello Tom, or is  it Chuck,

	I would be suspect of the substrate in the tank first (i.e. crushed coral
or lime etc). If this was not the problem then my next guess would be Bio
genic decalcification. Do you have any contortionist or tortifolia Val. in
the tank?
This is about all I can thing of, any other guesses.

JB.