To add or not to add

more light.
I have a standard 180 litre tank. This is a Juwel manufactured tank and
therefore has sealed light units and no cover glasses. I am using to 30 watt
triton tubes+reflectors. This I am sure is not enough light. I would like to
purchase another sealed light unit and add two more 30 watt bulbs (of a
whiter light).
The issue is that my tank has now been running a little over 5 weeks (having
completed the decorating :) ). No problems. No algae, loads of growth and no
deaths : ).
I like to keep things simple and live by the ain't broke don't fix it law.
BUT I am already tired of pruning them damn stem plants. Therefore, guys,
any pointers as to whats gonna happen if I add this extra light ???
Initially I assume that the stem plants will take off but what are the odd's
of an algal bloom. How soon would I be able to start switching from stem
plants to something slower.

Thanks

Glen
(in a slightly damp and very smelly London)