Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #82

<<  I searched the archives of the APD for "Substrate
 Gold", and here are some comments from people who have -

Hello..
Thanks for the info on the substrate gold..
I would like to go with flourite as the number one choice, but it is so
expensive!  Especially when considered I'm going to need at least 100 lbs of
gravel.. I would guess.
The stuff is like 13 bucks a bag(15lbs) in mail order catalogs, and they
charge for shipping the weight as well.
And in the pet shop, flourite is (I'm guessing) probably about 20 bucks a
bag.. really adds up.
So I was looking for a good quality substitute.  I'm still going to look for
that profile stuff and take a look at it.. if I dont like it, then I'll go
with substrate gold/gravel.
Thanks for your responses.
Melissa