E Tenellus vs E quadricostatus

Hi Lori

You wouldn't happen to be Wade's wife would you?  If so tell him Alfred
said Aloha!

There are 2 forms of E Tenellus to start with.

One had a solid green leave that is wider at the tip then the base.  If you
are thinking of a front lawn, this is the one to get.  It will grow to max
8 cm. but needs lot of light at least 3-1 for decent growth.

The other is lighter green in color and  is widest in the bottom half of
the leave, then it tapers into a fine point.  Careful with this one.  My
front lawn of this grew to over 12 inches making it an effective
curtain!  It will grow in a light ratio of less then 2-1 and fast too!

E quad, can't help you there.  I don't know it.

Alfred

At 03:48 AM 2/8/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 12:36:20 -1000
>From: Lori Shimoda <lshimoda at cns_queens.org>
>Subject: E. tenellus vs E. quadricostatus
>
>Aloha:
>Can anybody out there help me differentiate E. tenellus vs E.
>quadricostatus (submersed form).
>
>Mahalo,
>Lori

In sunny Singapore - if it's not raining!

Visit my humble fish site: http://members.delphi.com/alheng