Re: Nymphoides hydrophylla

Janne writes:

> I just bought Nymphoides hydrophylla from an auction. Since I've never had
>  success with any member of this genus I thought you could help me this
time.

>  Any information or personal experiences on this plant is appreciated.

Members of this genus, with the exception of banana plants, require
tremendous amounts of light. Even at 4 watts per gallon, you are nowhere near
what they receive outside.  Try putting it in a ten gallon tank and run a
couple of those screw-in flourescent tubes in an old incandescent light hood.
 The brightest oned available.  THen add a fan intothe hood to keep the tank
cool.

Good luck