Is it safe?

Hello-

I have a 27 gallon flatback (the back is straight and the front is 3
sided).  Because of this, my doublestrip hood sits to the back and covers
only the sides of the tank.  If you can envision it, this leaves an opening
at the top towards the front of the tank.  I actually like this because
most of the tank is covered, but it allows an opening for flowering plants
to grow out of the water.  Anyway, to get to the crux of all this diatribe.
 I have a cat who loves to jump up and perch on top of the hood.  While
amazingly he doesn't bother the fish, he does like to drink the water.  I
am using the German product Aqualine Ferreal & Floreal for water column
fertilizer.  Does anybody have any opinions or fact as to whether it may or
may not be harmful for my cat to drink from the tank water?

Thanks,

Mike G.
msg at laol_net