re: Profile

On 3 Feb 2000 Todd wrote:

>>What about Profile, has anyone ever used it?

Greetings Todd,

I became interested in Profile almost two years ago, at which time it seemed
a number of people on this list had tried and had success with it; these
accounts can be found within the archives. After locating it at a nearby
Home Depot I used it in an 85 gallon tank, and have been happy with the
product, subsequently using it in a few other planted tanks.

It is inert and not imbued with iron as is Flourite, but after reading
product literature and speaking with a representative from Aimcor, all
indications are that it possesses a relatively high CEC.

Photos of two tanks using Profile may be found at:

<http://toshir0.tripod.com/85gal.htm>
<http://toshir0.tripod.com/10gal.htm>

Take care,

Erik Toshiro Leung ~ San Francisco