Connecting multiple yeast bottles

Someone asked last weekend how to connect multiple yeast
bottles to a reactor.  The only reply I saw was to use a gang
valve backwards.  I find this to be not so good because gang
valves tend to be leaky, especially when opened up all the
way, as they must be in this situation.

At your LFS you can probably find something called an
"Air Control Kit" which will include a number of little green
plastic parts.  The parts include some cheap valves and other
stuff you will have no interest in, but it also will include two
or three Y fittings for airline hose.  I use these to connect all
of the bottles together to one output hose, which goes into
my bubble counter.

There is a better source if you can find it.  On my deck I have
a plant watering system that delivers water to all the potted
plants thru black vinyl tubing the same size as airline hose.
At the distributers for these kinds of systems you can buy
many fascinating parts, including bags of Y connectors.  These
connectors will work fine.

In Houston, one source is Z-Waterworks in Sugerland.

Thanks,
Rod