Re: Is this enough light?

"Roger S. Miller" <rgrmill at rt66_com> wrote:
<snip>
>Ivo Busko might have something more to say about this, but I think if you
>were making your comparison based on PAR rather than lumens you might find
>that the variations are not as great.
<snip>

I agree 100%. For the NO bulbs listed in the table at
http://www.aquabotanic.com/lightcompare.htm, lumens/watt span a range of
about 300%, while PAR/watt only 25%. In other words, different types of
fluorescent phosphors may look very different to us in terms of perceived
brightness, while plants don't "see" too much of a difference between then.

-Ivo Busko
 Baltimore, MD