CO2 on a micro-level...

Hello, all!  I am upgrading from "lurker" status, which I have been for a
couple months, now that I know how to actually post to this letter (thanks,
Chuck!).

I have a 2.5 gallon tank that is established and has been running for 2
months now.  It is planted, currently housing some microsword, some very
small vals, two clawed, algae eating shrimp of unknown origin, a bumblebee
goby, and a small clown loach (to deal with a snail explosion).  I would
like to add some co2 to this tank, as laughable an idea as it might be, to
see if I can make this tank into a tiny underwater forest.  I have just
started DIY co2 on my 55 gallon tank, but I fear (understandably) that a 2
liter bottle with the standard mix would really overkill the small tank.  I
need a little advice on a DIY mix that would let me put some co2 on this
tank without over-doing it.

Thanks in advance!

Matt