Re: New test kits from Hagen

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Richard wrote:

> same result (110ppm). Is it possible to have Nitrates in tap water?
> Does anybody has experience with the Hagen test kits? How can I find
> out how accurate it is?

It's possible to have nitrate in tap water, but the level should never
exceed 44 mg/l (10 mg/l as nitrate-nitrogen) in a public water supply.
That's a public health standard recognized and used all over the world.
110 ppm is staggeringly high for a water supply.  If you're reading the
kit correctly then it's almost certainly wrong.

Roger Miller