Substrate testing

Back to substrate testing again. I tested Flourite, sand, litter, yard
soil, Turface, and Natural River Rock back in August for total metal
content and CEC's. I'm getting some data together about
substrates and need some help. The gracious and always curious
APDer's can help out by sending me any of the commerical
substrates not listed above and maybe a few 'homebrews'. With
enough research, we may find the 'Holy Grail' of substrates with
this hit-or-miss approach. It would definitely benefit most of us
aquatic gardeners to know some real numbers when dealing with
substrate choices. Contact me off-list for a mailing address. I'll
need between 1/4-1/2 cup (~50-100g) for both analysis.
Commerical gravel is pretty inert (epoxy colored and coated) and
probably has the same characteristics as sand, so no gravel
please. I'd like to test some red art clay (pottery), homebrews with
peat, homebrews with vermiculite and vermic.+ peat, commerical
laterites, maybe some new Seachem substrates (Onyx, etc.).

Thanks in advance,
Jamie <"\\\><, in SC with snow still on the ground
Jamie    <"\\\><