Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #50

Dinyar Lalkaka asked about an Anubias spa.

I have one working for about 8 months. It's a Rubbermaid 20 gallon clear plastic
tote box covered with a piece of transparent plexiglas. Ligth comes from a
Ligths of America under-the-counter fluorescent fixture ($6.75) with a 15 watt
GE Plant & Aquarium bulb. There is about 3" of water and the plants are potted
in plastic containers with pure aquarium gravel. I drilled holes in the containerners
to enhnace water circulation. There is a small pump that dumps water over the
containers. I feed weekly with PMDD mix and some extra P-rich fertilizer.
Monthly 100% water change. The Anubias grew BIG. There is also java fern and some
other bog species, all growing well. It's a good way to get large anubias nana
completely free of algae.

-Ivo Busko
 Baltimore, MD